Vegan Miso Sesame Broccoli
I love miso, garlic, and broccoli, so this recipe is right up my alley!
Make your starch ahead of time or start it a bit before the broccoli, so you aren’t waiting on the noodles.
You may want to add more garlic and miso.
I am vegan, but you can add a fried egg for a little extra protein and flavor kick for your ovo-lacto guests.
- 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound broccoli, floretes
- 10 oz package udon noodles, prepared per package
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- Wash, remove stems and leaves from the broccoli, and cut down to florets.
- Peel, half, and slice 1 medium onion.
- Brown onions in non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil or more if not non-stick.
- After onions brown, add minced garlic under medium heat.
- Let the minced garlic brown on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon red miso to pan.
- Stir the miso until it is evenly distributed and coats the onions.
- Add 1/4 cup water and broccoli.
- Cook broccoli on medium heat until still a bit crunchy.
- Add sesame oil to finished broccoli and toss to evenly distribute.
- Serve on udon noodles, rice, or quinoa.
The completed dish
A non-vegan alternative